Edmonton Group Car and Home Insurance
Welcome to the Program, Partner!
At MBS Insurance, we've partnered with many organizations and associations in Edmonton to offer exclusive group discounts on car and home insurance through Economical Select®. As a member, you have access to over 600 claims professionals, 24-hours a day to meet your insurance needs. Best of all, Economical Select has a 92% claims satisfaction rating, so they'll be there when you need them most.
If you are a member of one of these groups, call for a quote and see how much you could save. Plus, you’ll be entered for your chance to win 1 of 6 new cars or a $250 gas card in the Select Sweepstakes.
- Air Canada employees
- NAIT employees
- REALTORS® Association of Edmonton
- Realty Executives
- Safeway employees
Learn More about Our Group Underwriting Partner
Click on the links below to learn more about our group underwriting partner – Economical Select®.
- About Economical Select®
- Property Insurance
- Automobile Insurance
- Group Insurance Benefits
- 24 Hour Claims Service
- Certified Economical Repair Facility
- Certified Economical Quality Contractor
Looking for More Insurance Savings?
We offer additional insurance discounts up to 50% for:
- Multi-vehicle policies
- Conviction-free drivers
- Policy renewals
- Claims-free drivers & homeowners
- Mature, 50+ policyholders
- Homes & cars with alarm systems
- Multi-policy bundles
- Mortgage-free homeowners
- New construction homes
- Loyal, repeat clients
Do You Work in a Professional Field?
We offer occupational discounts on insurance for many professionals, including:
- Civil Servants
- Medical Professionals
Our Group Underwriting Partner
You need an insurance company with a strong financial backbone and the capacity and know-how to represent and deliver quality, value, and consistency. Economical Select®, a subsidiary of Economical Insurance, has that covered.
Founded in 1871, Economical Insurance has been protecting Canadians for over 140 years with innovative home, automobile and commercial insurance products and a market-leading claims service designed with our policyholders in mind.
A Canadian-owned and operated mutual company, Economical provides a wide range of personal, commercial and farm insurance products to customers in all provinces and territories across Canada. Today, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies with nearly 2,300 employees at 17 branches and service offices from Halifax to Vancouver.
Proudly headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, we serve more than one million policyholders across the country through a network of independent broker partners that seeks to meet evolving consumer and business needs. We make one simple promise to all of our customers: we'll be there when you need us most.
In 2010, Economical announced its decision to become the first federally-regulated mutual property and casualty insurance company to demutualize.
Economical Select® is one of the leading property and casualty insurers for groups in Canada. This insurance carrier has designed comprehensive insurance packages for Group Property and Auto Insurance. Economical Select® partners with employers and professional associations to provide insurance policies with special discounted group rates. This offering has been proven to be highly competitive and can save members of the Association, and families, substantial savings while giving them peace of mind protection.
Economical Select® offers a broad selection of property insurance products to protect homes and properties. These product packages are designed with the policyholder in mind and offer excellent coverage, flexible choices, and the benefit of significantly discounted rates.
The product includes:
- Homeowners: insurance for those who own a single family dwelling, duplex, triplex, modular home, semi-detached or town home
- Builders Risk: a package designed for the individual who requires coverage for a dwelling during the construction period
- Condominium: insurance designed for contents, personal liability, and extra property limits (Including improvements and betterments, contingent loss and property loss assessments in accordance with Provincial Condominium Acts) and personal liability.
- Earthquake Coverage
- Coverage for jewelry, cameras, sports equipment, etc.
- Tenants: for individuals who require coverage while renting a dwelling from others
- Personal Umbrella Liability: provides excess liability coverage over primary liability
- Safe Harbor Yacht Package: covering water crafts, jet crafts and yachts
- Seasonal Dwellings: covering seasonal/vacation homes, trailers and campers
- Rented Dwellings: for individuals who are the owners of a rental unit(s)
- Increased Liability Limits: are available for those who require additional coverage
Auto insurance coverage is mandated by the government. Paying a high insurance premium doesn't have to be the case if you participate in an Economical Select program. Within the program the following types of motor vehicles can be insured in the province of Alberta:
- Private passenger vehicles
- Antique vehicles
- Utility vehicles
- All-terrain vehicles
- Recreational vehicles including campers, trailers and motor homes
Economical Select® - Group Insurance Program Benefits:
- Discounted rates could reduce insurance premiums dramatically
- Regular policy discounts are available on both property and auto policies in addition to the group discount
- No interest or service charges/fees
- Potential savings of 3% of the total premium (most insurance companies charge service fees on payment plans)
- Licensed insurance agents provide professional insurance counseling
- Quality insurance protection
- Inter-company discounts are applicable for a variety of account and multi-vehicle scenarios
- Available through the member companies of Economical Insurance
- Convenient payment plans with a variety of payment options
- Choice of flexible payment schedules to best meet policyholder’s needs. Payments can be made via Internet, payroll, telephone, ATM, financial institution, credit card, cheque or money order
- Access to our national Sales and Service Centre with extended service hours for all services
- Service centre which is open 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday to Friday
- All current employees/members or retirees are eligible for the program
- Financial dependants residing in the same household are also eligible
- Fast, fair, courteous 24-hour claims service across North America, through one toll-free number
24 Hour Claims Service
Economical Select® policyholders have access to our 24 hour claims service across North America. Making a claim doesn't have to be frustrating. You need qualified claims experts to ensure fast, quality service every time. Expert claims representatives at Economical Select® will guide you through the process with all the tools and information you need.
- 24-hour claims service, 7-days a week
- 600 claims professionals servicing policyholders in several languages
- 15 claims service offices across Canada
- Catastrophe response teams
- Specialized units dedicated to ensuring you receive the right claims services specific to your needs
Rely on Economical Select® for fast, friendly, quality service when you need it most.
Certified Economical Repair Facility (CERF)
CERF is the designation we give to repair shops that meet or exceed our standards. The advantage is a one-stop shopping solution for all your auto repair needs. There is no need to shop around for reputable and well-equipped shops, appraisals or estimates. Economical Select® claims representatives will contact one of their recommended facilities in your area with your coverage information and details of the damage so they are ready to begin when your car arrives.
The CERF provides:
- prompt and efficient service,
- quality repairs,
- on-site rental pick-up,
- conveniently located repair facilities, and
- life-time guarantee (while you own the vehicle) on body parts and paint repairs.
Certified Economical Quality Contractor (CEQC)
CEQC provides a guarantee of quality property restoration and repairs, with our promise of the work for up to two years from the time of the repair. Our claims representatives will contact one of our recommended facilities in your area with your coverage information and details of the damage so they are ready to begin right away.
The CEQC provides:
- Hassle-free services,
- One-stop shopping,
- Elimination of appraisals and estimates, and
- 24-hour emergency service.
In Canada and U.S.A. call: